jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If your life was a dream, how would you portray it?

1. Born2care2001 profile image73
    Born2care2001posted 5 years ago

If your life was a dream, how would you portray it?

Some people say our life is a dream. If that were true for you, provide some of the details of that dream. Is it all symbolic? Is it real or unreal? Was it joyous or sad? Please share!

2. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

My life in dream form would appear as an enigma within a mystery, a puzzle, an unknown, perplexing and difficult in its menagerie of symbols and action, thoughts to boggle the mind, fed by imagination and a desire to solve the riddles of this esoteric event, we call life, and an understanding of the whys and whens and ifs, and is there fate, or is it planned by a higher intelligence? I'm glad in the fact that my life is a reality, and I enjoy every minute with the utmost joy, and feel the blessings of a benevolent Creator, we call God. I did not realize this great truth, until later in my life, which was filled with challenges and hardships along the way. Our dreams can be helpful and a hindrance, and are most often a reflection in the pool of our lives that are all about fears and happiness. These permeate our minds and help create dreams in a human response to life's gifts and upheavals. In my dream that I have had repeatedly since a child, I am standing in a raging river strewn with rocks and boulders and cannot swim. I feel hopeless. I actually leaned to swim as a child and am at home in the water. Go figure, psychologists.

1. Born2care2001 profile image73
      Born2care2001posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer whonunuwho!
      Better to be "standing in a raging river strewn with rocks and boulders" and be unable to swim than to be laying down gasping for your next breath!
      I am so grateful for your answer because it resonates with my view of life.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I'm sure I would portray my life (if it was a "dream)  very much like my life has actually been........deleting all the tears and heartache........screw-ups and bad decisions.......Erasing all the creeps and meanies........and replacing it all with everything wonderful and loving and happy!.......If we're fantasizing......might as well do it BIG!

4. profile image52
    Giddy Geezerposted 5 years ago

Ah, but our lives are a dream, a dream of our own making. The real challenge is not to turn it into a nightmare! I try to make my world a place where no sharp words have to be spoken, where we all show concern for each other and try to show kindness to our fellow human beings. I can't control the actions of others but by controlling my own actions(and reactions)I create the world I choose to live in. Is it a dream world? You bet!

working