jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do if you had an unplanned pregnancy?

1. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What would you do if you had an unplanned pregnancy?

2. mcwriter profile image83
    mcwriterposted 5 years ago

I would say, let the baby live. This is a simplistic response, I know, however, this is my position whether you talk about those women who are raped as a strategy of the enemy to destroy a community or by lovers who unintentionally engage in umprotected sex. There are consequences in every direction. The woman who is raped is permanently impacted, the child born is permanently in it and the community around these people are euqally impacted. An abortion takes away the impact on some but not on the woman who has to deal with permanent psychological and spiritual complications. It might appear as the easiest option to take. However it is thorny. So, let the child live. Deal with it that way. Rape has far reaching consequences whether a pregnancy/ disease occurs or not. (Speaking as a husband and father of several kids).

3. denise.w.anderson profile image91
    denise.w.andersonposted 5 years ago

Unplanned pregnancies happen just as much to married women as they do to single women. As for myself, two of our seven were unplanned. At first, I just sat on the bed, stunned, wondering how I could even show my face in public! With all I had going on at the time, I'm sure people were saying, "She is having another one?"

Fortunately, through my tears and prayers, the Lord put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You can do it" and I was able to pull myself together. There were times when we had to ask someone to come and live with us to take care of all that had to be done, but we got through it. Now that they are grown, I would not trade them for anything in the world!

1. breathe2travel profile image79
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am expecting, unexpectedly. I am married, and this is number 6.  We were shocked, but thankful.  I know too many people who cannot conceive to lament life!

4. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 5 years ago

I won’t even think of aborting that child as most of the women do. Children are the gift of God. An unplanned child must be considered as the most precious gift, as it was planned by God himself

working