jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I've been feeling dizzy non-stop for ten days - what can it be caused by?

1. profile image47
    bunny1979posted 5 years ago

I've been feeling dizzy non-stop for ten days - what can it be caused by?

I've been to the doctor and he gave me Bethistine but it doesn't help (or maybe needs to build up in the system). I've been reading about dizziness on the internet and it seems that it normally doesn't last longer than 24 hours, but now it's been ten days and I can't work or go out or anything. Any advice appreciated!

2. seajon profile image73
    seajonposted 5 years ago

sometimes it is caused by too much acid in the stomach or maybe you are anemic.

3. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Inner ear infections, usually viral, can be a culprit. Labyrinthitis can last a while. I'm not trying to scare you here, it's just that a lot of doctors will say it should be gone after a few days, then people are left wondering why they're not getting better. Those tablets can take ten to fourteen days to have an effect, and don't suit everyone. They didn't help me, but I know people who swear by them. It's worth seeing the doc again if things don't improve soon, dizziness can be caused by many things.Try not to stress out as that can make things worse. Your brain's coping with a lot, you'll probably be extra tired. Hope you feel better soon.

4. mathair profile image66
    mathairposted 5 years ago

Did the Doctor check your blood pressure? Sometimes low blood pressure does this to me

5. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I would also get a doctor to check your ears.  My mother suffered from dizzy spells and she tried the ear doctor and in fact had liquid in her inner ears.  A week of antibiotics took it away.

Other factors could be;
    High cholesterol or high triglycerides
    Vision problems

6. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

First of.....Please call your Dr. and let him know that the Rx has not helped you.  Ten days is a prolonged period of time for dizziness,...or anything unnatural, by the way.   Sounds to me like it's time for some "tests."    You need to get to the cause of this.
    It could be so many different causes, we could all make suggestions and take guesses for days....but that's not going to solve your health issue. 
    Not only should you get back to your Dr....please send us some follow-up or an up-date......so we can know that you are OK!!   Hey...Write a hub on the entire experience from start to healing!    Call TODAY, bunny.