jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Research: What takes away your stress quickly and efficiently?

1. Alisa Arishina profile image71
    Alisa Arishinaposted 5 years ago

Hub Research: What takes away your stress quickly and efficiently?

Albeit watching cartoons or bad TV or rereading a specific book for the tenth time; taking a hot bath with sea salt and foam or stuffing your face with chocolate chip cookies--What is your stress killer? What recharges you at the end of a hard day and charges you at the beginning of a new one?

2. joyfuldesigns profile image66
    joyfuldesignsposted 5 years ago

Long bubble bath with beautiful candles
    Talking to a friend
    A jog.

3. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago

Exercise and sleep. 10 min exercise first thing in the morning and then longer if I can later in the day. also, eating fruits and veggies.

4. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image80
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years ago

It is some physical job which gives evident results or physical excercises for me. You should switch your mind from your problem to somth opposite. It helps me very well.

5. chiradeep profile image64
    chiradeepposted 5 years ago

1. A good sound SLEEP
    2. An encouragement from a person I value in my life
    3. Working on my hobbies
    4. And Yes relying on God through PRAYER

6. agusfanani profile image81
    agusfananiposted 5 years ago

As it says: "Laughter is the best medicine", I'll see my friends to laugh together with them, or  plan a short trip or go somewhere like hiking or low cost traveling.

7. naturalhealthchat profile image74
    naturalhealthchatposted 5 years ago

I focus on slow deep breathing with eyes closed. Realize that all the zany, crazy, hectic bombardments coming at us can be handled much more easily with inner peace that comes from living your highest purpose and acquiring spiritual strength through prayer and God's Word.  A regular relaxing Swedish massage helps immensely, too. Along with all this, daily meeting the demands stress puts on the body with nutritionally dense foods and high-quality supplements makes sense. smile

8. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

A quick and easy way for me to reduce stress is to repeat the numbers 3,2 and 1.  I repeat each one 3 times.  The reason it works is because I practice being relaxed and associate the numbers with being relaxed.  Instead of just relaxing after a hard day I relax myself on a regular basis so I am good at it.  I use deep slow belly breathing, visualization and self talk to become deeply relaxed and use association so I can trigger the feeling of relaxation later.

Another thing I do to relax is exercise.  Exercise is relaxing.

9. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

I practise EFT (emotional freedom technique), also called meridian tapping. It really helps me de-stress at the end of the day. Also, it's good to start the day with Donna Eden's 5-minute energy routine. Her exercises are excellent for balancing your energy system, making you much more resilient to stress.
    I taught my colleagues to tap on themselves and now they've taught their young children to do it. It's great for self-soothing in young children, and for older children, it helps defuse all the tension they face in school. Life is hard for many sensitive kids and they really need something quick and simple to help them face the day and simply get through a school day. EFT and other simple energy techniques can really make a big difference in their lives.

10. miss1magination profile image65
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

I find what works well to combat stress is a 30 minute walk in a quite park and a deep reflexology massage this hurts during the process but literally will bring you a rush of happy endorphins.

11. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Exercise and mindfulness meditation practice.