How can you help your partner to stop smoking?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

How can you help your partner to stop smoking?

Yes, it is their will to stop smoking or not, we can't do anything if they like to smoke. Still, we want to help them stop smoking. What are the things we need to do in order for our partner to stop smoking? How can we help them cope with withrawal syndromes? Moral support, perhaps.

2. David R Bradley profile image84
    David R Bradleyposted 5 years ago

There's a terrific book on Amazon called "How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone" that will help a partner get in the right from of mind to stop smoking.  Once the mindset is in place and the commitment is made, the non-smoking partner will need to love, support, cheer, and encourage the partner who's not smoking anymore.  When you stop smoking, you're ending a highly dysfunctional relationship and it's similar to breaking up with someone.  There will be grief.  Understanding what your partner is going through is very important (read this too: … ng-Section)  Be prepared to go on a bit of a ride as the withdrawals progress.  Stick with them, get them that book, and become their biggest supporter!

3. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 5 years ago

I was a smoker for 14 years and I tried to stop smoking several times in my life but always failed because I was not able to resist that feeling of smoking on the third of quitting. Yes you heard it right. Every time I stopped smoking, it was the... read more