jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Cancer Treatments

1. HealthCanada profile image68
    HealthCanadaposted 5 years ago

Cancer Treatments

With dozens to choose from, based on what you've researched, heard or seen yourself. What methods seem the most viable for you, and why?

2. Good Guy profile image86
    Good Guyposted 5 years ago

Cancer is not a clear cut disease and there is no one specific cure all treatment.  For serious researches or those seeking cures, I would like to recommend this blog journal of a cancer patient who had made extensive research and experimented on himself.  His doctor gave him only 6 months, but he survived 3 years to the day.  Sadly he succumbed to his sickness on Sept 11, 2012.  He too made a calculated mortal "mistake" on a seemingly "safe" treatment. 
    http://upekah.blogspot.com/

1. Lisalovesred profile image59
      Lisalovesredposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good for him for beating the odds. No doctor can predict how long a cancer patient will live. Only God knows. Do your research and get second and even third opinions.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

A method of treatment for any type of cancer will depend on many factors. Treatment methodologies depends upon an assessment, and finally upon plans, that is treatment plans that both doctors and the patient can agree upon.
    Sometimes there is a new treatment plan that a research team is studying.
    This is a very complex question that requires an equally complex, and long drawn out composition, to explain well. My medical background leads me to believe that a complete answer will require space, time, and effort that goes beyond the scope of this short hub to explain.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

1. Lisalovesred profile image59
      Lisalovesredposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was treated 22 years ago with radiation for oral cancer. Last year, I had a stroke in my brain stem, a rare side effect. That kind of stroke is often fatal. But I'd make the same decision again -- or I would've died young.

working