jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will you consider IVF- in vitro fertilization if you can't conceive naturally?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Will you consider IVF- in vitro fertilization if you can't conceive naturally?

Some women have problems conceiving naturally and the only alternative way if they want to have children (aside from adoption) is IVF - will you consider this option?

2. Sapper profile image70
    Sapperposted 5 years ago

We won't. Not because we are against it or anything, simply because if we can't have kids on our own, we want to adopt a kid that might otherwise be stuck in foster care. It was something that we considered, however.

3. StandingJaguar profile image80
    StandingJaguarposted 5 years ago

IVF is not the "only" alternative. There are many ways for women and their doctors to figure out what, precisely, is wrong, and thereby fix it. I don't know exact numbers, but from what I hear IVF is extremely expensive and still not guaranteed to work (sometimes multiple trials are needed). I've never understood how couples could spend tens of thousands of dollars to become pregnant. It does seem somewhat selfish to me, which I realize is an unpopular opinion. If they have TRULY tried everything else, then perhaps the couple needs to accept that some dreams in life are not fulfilled, and realize that this doesn't have to make their life any less meaningful. Pregnancy is not the only miracle or blessing in life.

4. Jessicajessi1 profile image61
    Jessicajessi1posted 5 months ago

Yes Ofcourse , why not ?? I just want my own kid  ................. doesn't matter the way or method to got him either through natural process or via IVF . And  IVF is not a bad option . It has a good results .

working