jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some examples of foods that are low in calories yet still filling?

1. Amy Gillie profile image86
    Amy Gillieposted 5 years ago

What are some examples of foods that are low in calories yet still filling?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

An apple! Only 80 calories, but has loads of soluble fiber which fills you up. Ate a lot of those when I lost my 75 pounds!

3. KerryAnita profile image82
    KerryAnitaposted 5 years ago

Pretty much all vegetables are low in calories and will keep you full. If you're not a huge fan of eating raw vegetables, try making a stir fry, with vegetable broth, rather than cooking oil. There are many great flavored vegetable broths now-a-days that will add a lot of flavor to your food without adding a ton of calories. If the veggies alone aren't enough for you in the stir fry, try adding a little bit of lean white meat, beans, or wholesome grains, like quinoa:)

4. roxanne459 profile image89
    roxanne459posted 5 years ago

Oatmeal is always a good choice because it keeps you full longer than most breakfasts and gives your body a kick start in the AM. For other meals and snacks, chia seeds are a serious superfood that keeps you full for long periods of time! Not only are they packed with protein, omega 3 & 6, more antioxidants than blueberries, fiber and iron, they expand to 9x their size so they fill you up and block calorie absorbtion. There are many ways to eat them or you can add them to your meal so you eat less. They are definitely worth a try. smile

5. FreeFly07 profile image61
    FreeFly07posted 5 years ago

There is not much that I can add besides what other have said!
    But just to sum it up, the best low calorie foods which are also filling are fruits, vegetables, oatmeal and some other whole grains.