jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get your kids to step away from the electronics and do something acti

1. Kimberly Vaughn profile image83
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

How do you get your kids to step away from the electronics and do something active?

2. mpropp profile image86
    mproppposted 5 years ago

We have two boys (11 and 15) who are both very into their XBox 360 and computers...but we have them participate in regularly scheduled sports (wrestling and swimming), which keeps them very physically fit. They might complain a little bit when you first pull them away from the electronics, but they enjoy the activities and getting to be with other kids their age--face to face.

1. Kimberly Vaughn profile image83
      Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. My son will step away from the computer anytime I mention hanging out with friends. Unfortunately he is not really into sports so it takes some creative thinking to get him moving.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

My suggestion would be to limit the time they are allowed to play games, be on the computer, etc. Also get involved with them in whatever type of outdoor activities they enjoy. From playing catch to just kicking around a soccer ball. Just get involved in your children's lives. It's a win, win situation.

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

If verbal encouragement doesn't motivate them within 15 minutes, I pull the plug out of the outlet or take the batteries. You'd be surprised how much activity they can whip up following you around the house crying and pleading.

working