If you could see your inner child right now, what kind of state is he/she in?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Violet Flame profile image81
    Violet Flameposted 5 years ago

If you could see your inner child right now, what kind of state is he/she in?

Is your inner child happy, sad, angry or neglected? As the well-being of your inner child is directly responsible for your state of mind and happiness, if you are to pamper that child right now, what would be the best way to make him/her happy?

2. profile image0
    Bronwyn J Hansenposted 5 years ago

At the moment, I think she is a little bamboozled. There is a lot going on in my life at the moment, and I i think that we are both having trouble keeping up with it all.
    We could both do with a lovely long massage, followed by an extra large lime and blue heaven milkshake smile

Violet Flameposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ooooo that does sound marvelous! A little time out to relax, unwind and recharge the batteries will do u both good! Nothing like a good massage to make you feel like a million dollars! Tell me Bronwyn, does your inner child have a pet owl 4 herself?

3. Violet Flame profile image81
    Violet Flameposted 5 years ago

I remembered the very first time someone suggested that I tried to locate my inner child within and I was so shocked to find her so neglected and starved with attention, covered head to toe with black shook as she only had one black crayon so she painted everything black. I had vowed to love her back to life ever since. Now that I am a full time art student, she's been having plenty of fun doing all kind of crazy art stuff. But I don't think she likes it when I get too serious and too competitive (and that's when my art suffers). We had plenty of full body massages when I was getting trained as a massage therapist, but it's been a while. So, yup, a nice long massage and a movie date with pop corns and icecream. Also, an idea just occurs to me, maybe I will let her write her own children's stories, lol.

4. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I think my inner child is a hyper case, that is constantly kicking my insides, and wanting me to do more daring things. He gets excited when I go to an amusement park, and can't wait for me to leave a grocery store, because he gets easily bored. I feed him a snicker bar every once in a while and he purrs like a kitten. But, I think my inner child is happy, just a little spoiled.

But, I think if he were living inside me like an actual person, his place would be full of artsy stuff and lots of clutter from his collections. Always looking for more stuff to collect, and more information to take in. I also think he would bug the crap out of me, because I am sure he would never shut up! LOL!!

ha ha thanks brimancandy for the brilliant and vivid sketch of your inner child. I am so glad you spoil him and you two seem to have such fun time. I am guessing that you must be a cheerful one to be around!

5. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

My inner child is doing pretty well.   How do I know this?   By holding a two-way conversation with him through the 'Power of the Non-dominant Hand' technique. 

I recall the first time I read about it in a book by a Lucia Cappachione, I think her name was, and I found that it worked.  This might well have been because I'd already been a practioner of Automatic Writing for about three decades before I read the book, and I'm sure this helped.   But, basically, the way to do it is this:

You hold a pen in each hand.  You asked questions of your 'inner child' - that part of your psyche which is fairly complete within itself as a child - with your dominant or normal writing hand.   You then allow the answers to come through to you from your other hand.

Yes, it works.  Just give it a try.    Oh,..and don't give up just because it didn't work the first few times.  Keep and open mind and keep at it.  It will work.

That's a very interesting technique Tusitala, I haven't tried to communicate with mine like that before, and I am keen to give it a try. Maybe I will just surrender the keyboard to her and see what she comes up. Normally she appears in my mind's eye.

6. jaydene profile image68
    jaydeneposted 5 years ago

Hi Violet,  My inner child is happy,  i have done a lot of personal growth this year
    and finally she is set free, to be the best, to come along with me as a strong woman, who has let go and healed, the past.  best way to make her happy is to encourage her to go forth and take calculated risks:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)