jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What Are Some Home Remedies For Flu Symptoms?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. Healthyannie profile image87
    Healthyannieposted 5 years ago

Willow bark tea is excellent for flu as it is anti inflammatory and eases pain. Keep warm and try chicken soup. Check out my hub on influenza and natural remedies.

3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

A very old remedy is a 'hot toddy'. This is an excellent remedy for colds and flu. It's basically a mixture of - a measure of whisky, lemon, honey and you can also add cinammon and cloves. Basically the mixture is stirred up in hot water and then you drink it slowly. The whisky helps to numb the aches, lemon gives you vitamin C and honey is a great natural product that sooths sore throats etc. The cinammon and cloves if you want to add to them are - I think - jsut for the taste, although oil of cloves is great as a natural pain killer, especally for toothache, so I guess it would maybe help with flu as well. I think some people also make up hot toddies with rum.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

Raw onions sliced and mixed with brown sugar. Drink the resulting liquid like medicine (this method has been around for a great many years and doesn't taste as bad as it sounds). You might need to leave the onions to marinade in the sugar overnight before enough liquid is produced.

Another method is the same as above, but cook the onions first.

Echinacea tablets reportedly help a lot and are used regularly by top athletes to avoid getting sick prior to important sporting events (just make sure they are very good quality tablets and not combined with other substances/vitamins).

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I drink lots of organic green tea w/  lemon and honey as well as chicken broth steeped w/ garlic and pepper.

6. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I answered twice and posted..and site appeared to accept it..but it is not here...
    I will try again later...as this may not fly either..HP seems to be having a prob or cyberspace in closed for the day....

1. kj force profile image71
      kj forceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

OK..let me try again..plenty of bed rest and fluids out the ying yang..juices/chicken broth/popscicles, for young and old..Vitamin C ( 4000 units at onset ) and then 1ooo units per day, Solid food is not necessary,can cause gastrointestional issues..

7. gobblenook profile image60
    gobblenookposted 5 years ago

Cut up an onion and put it near your bed when you sleep. Another remedy is a variation on a previous post. Mixing raw sliced onions, and honey (instead of brown sugar. Feel better!

8. CoffeeandJazz profile image61
    CoffeeandJazzposted 5 years ago

Eat plenty of garlic. Garlic is antibacterial and antiviral so it should help you get over your cold faster.

working