jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What is your stand on Marijuana legalization?

1. D.Virtual.Doctor profile image70
    D.Virtual.Doctorposted 5 years ago

What is your stand on Marijuana legalization?

With more and more states in America legalizing the plant/drug what do you think is best?

2. Funom Makama 3 profile image69
    Funom Makama 3posted 5 years ago

I for one don't like Marijuana... But it has been proven time and time again that it can be of medical significance. Alcohol is abused, smoking is another issue and these are legalized substances used by a large percentage of population.. Alcohol alone can be the cause to more than 200 illnesses... So, why all the fuss on Marijuana now? Provided it can be regulated and its circulation only strict rules and restriction, I see no reason why it shouldn't be legalized.

D.Virtual.Doctorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Funom Makama, You have said it all..

3. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

I think it should be legalised for medical use and possibly for recreational use with some restrictions. Alcohol and smoking are legal and yet both can kill you, cause lots of illnesses and cause issues with crime and anti-social behaviours. So why so different for Marijuana that can do good?

D.Virtual.Doctorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely right Elderberry Arts... Thanks for the comment.

2. Elderberry Arts profile image97
      Elderberry Artsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

4. profile image56
    al_masculineposted 5 years ago

It should be banned. The Alcohol and the rest you mentioned are enough allowable sufferings, even though we have the right to choose what we want, but sometimes, Man needs some restrictions and since marijuana restriction will not kill any individual, it should never be allowed irrespective of its medical importance.

1. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ban something that has been proven to never kill anyone and leave all the bad stuff legal?

2. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Marijuana consumption can't kill you. So why should we have alcohol and cigarettes, which can kill you, be legal?

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

It's a non issue for me. I went through a little Cheech & Chong period in college but that was more than 20 years ago and I haven't touched it since.

It seems to me that if people want to smoke it, they should be allowed to without worrying about being prosecuted.

On the other hand, marijuana activists crack me up. Have you ever noticed that they never talk about its recreational use? No, they always spout off about how Hemp should be legal because it can save the world, because it's a Miracle Plant that can be used to make ropes and paper and get us off of fossil fuels and yadda yadda yadda.... cut the crap. Just be honest and say "It should be legal cuz I wanna get stoned without being hassled by the Man!"

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

It should be legalized for the entire country. Just hurry it up already. Everyone keeps complaining and doing it anyway, so I don't see why it matters. However, if you watch old video's of what "weed does to you" it is such a funny time. You can't help but laugh at the lies.

working