jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What healthy boundaries do you need to set in your life that are a struggle?

1. Seek-n-Find profile image88
    Seek-n-Findposted 4 years ago

What healthy boundaries do you need to set in your life that are a struggle?

Why is setting boundaries hard for so many?  What is it about our culture or our nature that makes this a challenge for so many?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Eating healthier food. My husband is the better cook and most of what he makes has so many calories. There are steaks, butter, rich mushrooms, filling pancakes, creams, baked goods, etc. The working out isn't so much of a problem. I just like to do it in the comfort of my own home. But those calories really add up.

1. Seek-n-Find profile image88
      Seek-n-Findposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yum!  I can see what that could be a challenge!  Yes, they do add up quickly, don't they!  So do you try to eat smaller portions so you can still enjoy the delicious foods he cooks?  Thanks for sharing!!!

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It has crossed my mind but that would take a lot of strength.

3. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 4 years ago

None. It took several years of obtaining sufficient information how to reach God given limit 120 years in good physical condition and healthy body. I studied my body what need to be eliminated and what included in my healthy diet. Lord help me! And He did. A strict  discipline - takes a couple of years,lesser amount- takes 999 hours, colorful drinks, out... You're getting an idea. For us who do have the Father willing to help us in every situation , it's a piece of cake to enjoy life and live righteously. Count on some conflict in your " circle of friends, however the other will be in agreement with you.  Believe me, it's easy if you're seriously considering yourself to be " the light of the world ." ( you know who said it: " you are" ) . Perhaps the problem is that we want to be Christians as all kind o Christians  instead of the 'DISCIPL-es .'

1. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I commend you. No easy task. You must be on the verge of sainthood. God speed!!

2. Michael-Milec profile image60
      Michael-Milecposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm not the only one "special";  the One who called us , you must be 'holy'-in every part of your life ,HE said " for IM holy." 1 Pet 1: 15.16. Don't we have faith to live by? ( Rom. 1:17 ) Either we do, or we don't. We do serve the Faithful YHWH .

4. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

Purity. I practice it and pray for it and keep on trying by His grace. With spiritual guidance, I am constanlty looking at my inner discipline, cleanliness and how best I can transform my lower nature. Here I look at greed, lust, anger, attachment and ego inside myself. I feel that through prayer and my Lord's grace that they can be conquered. The fact that I may be in a better position than I was 30 years ago when I started, comforts me, but I am still ever vigilante.
    I seek His love and inner blessings: forgiveness, mercy, love. patience and tolerance ... and I also offer gratitude constantly for taking me through this day.
    My Lord is not concerned about my excellence. He only asks me for my presence. He descends from above to treasure my heart and not my house. O Lord, do make me a better servant of Your Will.

working