jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

As an adult, do you still play "make believe"?

1. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 5 years ago

As an adult, do you still play "make believe"?

Some may be too shy to answer such a question, but do you ever lay in your bed at night, or day dream you are somewhere else in a totally different life?  I'm not saying on a beach or on vacation, but something outlandish like on a space ship or in a medieval fantasy world?

2. larakern profile image71
    larakernposted 5 years ago

I've always had a very vivid imagination, I guess that is the main reason why I enjoy creative writing. At times when my brain hurts and I've just given up on the world in general, I like to retreat to my imaginary world where anything is possible. I find that it relieves my stress and takes my mind off of whatever was upsetting me.

3. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Every day and in multiple ways. Imagination expands the possible.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Absolutely.  I especially use this when I am plotting a story. In my mind I become the protagonist and the story seems to flow. I will lay in bed and begin the storyline, and the story takes on a life of its own.

I guess nothing too outlandish except that I am the "hero" of the story, young, strong-with many qualities that are lacking in m life now.

1. davidlivermore profile image97
      davidlivermoreposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I feel exactly the same way.  In my imaginative stories I imagine I have qualities I know I don't possess now.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Most definitely. The sound of the air purifier in my office for second hand smoke is the sound of this space ships engines. 'Scotty Warp 8 please!' From a communicator nestled now on my hip I hear a reply, "I-eye, Cap'n"

Tim

working