jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Does getting a tattoo hurt more than getting a shot?

1. MakerBaker profile image63
    MakerBakerposted 4 years ago

Does getting a tattoo hurt more than getting a shot?

2. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

No, it doesn't. It feels to me as if someone keeps poking you over and over in the same spot. It is more irritating than painful.

1. MakerBaker profile image63
      MakerBakerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I was thinking of getting one and didn't know how painful they were, its nice to know that it's not as painful as people telling me it is.

3. dailytop10 profile image90
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

I haven't experienced it yet but a friend of mine said that it was not painful at all. I think most tattoo artist nowadays use anesthetics to help their customers fight against the pain.

1. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Please tell me where these tattoo artists are that use anesthetics for their customers. I would love to visit them.

2. MakerBaker profile image63
      MakerBakerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Anesthetics?, does that cost more?

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

This greatly depends on where your tattoo is going, how much fat you have under your skin, and your tolerance to pain. I have a few tattoos and 2 were uncomfortable and that was only because of their location. If you get a tattoo on your arm, a place where there is some fat, then there is just the constant annoyance Gcrhoads64 mentioned. Now the top of the foot (unless you've got lots of fat there) is another story. The constant hitting of the bones on top of the foot can become quite uncomfortable. The sides of my wedding band were also uncomfortable. Mostly because the skin on the side of the finger is more sensitive. I wouldn't really describe any of them painful. Annoying and uncomfortable.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

From my experience, yes. I hate tattoo parlors and prefer doing it myself. That noisy machine reminds me of the drill at the dentist which is filled with horrible memories. A shot, I hated getting for 8 years. Then I finally got one at my local Walgreens and now I don't mind getting shots.

6. JasmineMaarschalk profile image60
    JasmineMaarschalkposted 2 years ago

In my opinion, getting a tattoo hurts more than a shot! I got a tattoo wedding band and it hurt pretty bad!!

7. Jaxxi profile image59
    Jaxxiposted 8 months ago

Oh gosh yes. Imagine carving into your skin with an exacto knife, that's what a tattoo feels like. A razor blade carving into your skin and bone. You WILL break out into a cold sweat and almost pass out if it's too big. You gotta breathe, and take breaks. Anyone who says it doesn't hurt is either into pain, is an emo cutter, or they just forgot .

working