jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

In what ways have your personal development coincided with your internet presenc

1. Emanate Presence profile image76
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

In what ways have your personal development coincided with your internet presence?

This Q arises from a Hub being written, about how to create a web site that boosts internet presence. While writing I realized that (for me) it is more about personal development than web site development, and the two have gone hand-in-hand.

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 5 years ago

Yeah, since I barely understand the question, I think Im probably not doing much with the whole internet presence thing. hmm

Emanate Presenceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, it is an unusual question! I gave more clarity, hopefully, in my comment above.

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well I just got signed up for the financial aspect of hubpages last night... I made 3 cents. I am so excited. Maybe I will begin to understand all the niches of internet presence etc. soon. smile

3. Emanate Presence profile image76

Congratulations, Beth. By internet presence I just mean wherever a person is published, such as on Hubpages, Facebook, a blog or web site. It is where you make your presence known! I see correlations between the tech and my 'path'.Best wishes to you.

3. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

This is possible only if you have no lure for money. Here the principle is not "Money makes the mare go" but "Hobbies transform into Money Making Machines".

Good point. As another saying goes, 'Do what you love and the money will follow.' I am here for the joy of it. Writing from my passions is part of who I am. If connections are made which 'stimulate prosperity,' it will be a natural happening.

4. Good Guy profile image85
    Good Guyposted 5 years ago

"Internet presence" I take it to mean my progress in the internet world.  I have improved by leaps and bounce in the last 5 years since I was hooked on the internet.  From a completely ignorant computer dinosaur to what I am now, not that I am now an expert.  The internet completely suits my personal temperament. I am more of an introvert, always feeling very uneasy in social gatherings.  I never enjoy meaningless little talks where you often encounter in social gatherings.   

I like to express my thoughts in writing.  With the internet, the whole world opens up to me.  I can share my thoughts and experiences with the whole world, with those who wish to read what I wrote.   I don't have to enter into arguments.  And being retired from active employment,  I am now enjoying myself in internet writing and sharing, and plus a bonus, I get some pocket money writing in Hubpages.

Yes, I was meaning how personal development can go hand-in-hand with one's journey on the internet. Thank you for sharing from your experience! I was struck while writing the Hub about linking between one's web site & Hubpages by the insights gai

5. Emanate Presence profile image76
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

How is your Internet Presence?  That is where you make your presence known online such as on Facebook, a blog, web site, and Hubpages.  Consider starting a free Weebly web site. Here is why and how! read more

6. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Internet presence for me is simply another tool to do what I have always done. I read, study with various mentors, share with my community circles, write and publish. Only now with internet connections I just do all those things in a wider, more diverse arena.

That's right. I feel the same, Jim. Maybe I feel the circle between internet and personal development more after writing a hub this week -- as Relationshipc and I exchanged above. Keeping it in balance is another thing, eh? I have to get up and walk.

7. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 5 years ago

Everything I do online is a result of my personal development. For instance, blogging has always been centered around thing I learn or discover - same with HubPages.

All my writing is influenced by my personal growth. And the Internet has contributed to my personal growth through discovering and learning.

So I guess it i a never ending circle. My personal development affects my internet presence which affects my personal development.

You got it! That is exactly what I was trying to say. It is true with many things. Writing affects pd & personal development certainly influences writing. I didn't see the big picture about the circle with the internet so clearly before my new hu

working