Is there something in the water?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Is there something in the water?

With all the preservatives, cloning, genetic engineering and hybrid feed in the meat and vegetables today, how much do you think this may contribute to the overall behavior of today's youth? I can't believe this doesn't have some effect physically and mentally, but how much? The EPA and FDA have put so many regulations in to food process and water treatment, that we don't know what we are consuming anymore. Your view?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

My view is simple. Apply common sense. When your government approves things that are not natural before approving natural items then we must take matters into our own hands. Because of this we grow most of our own vegetables, get our meat from a local farmer who uses no pesticides on the food and lets his cattle free range, and we stick to non processed foods when buying from the grocery store. Everything is backwards with our government and while I'm no conspiracy theorist, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if our food is tainted for the sake of making pharmaceutical companies richer as we get older.

3. CelebrateUSA profile image82
    CelebrateUSAposted 5 years ago

The ammonia in food processing is an item that is inexcusable. If we cannot count upon our government agencies for full disclosure, we are doomed. We as consumers should be told the full truth and be mandated to be given options but in what preservative is used and in consumption sizes.

The debate in New York about the size of the soda drink is silly when the food markets at gasoline stations and other quick stops don't carry hardly one snack in a single portion.

Our leaders need to mandate smaller portion options not make large options illegal.