jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What have YOU experienced while living in the moment?

1. Relationshipc profile image88
    Relationshipcposted 5 years ago

What have YOU experienced while living in the moment?

If you have experienced living in the moment (you have right?) what have you noted as benefits to doing so? Happiness? Improved health? A better understanding of who you are? More attention to detail? I want to know! Please share. smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7814635_f260.jpg

2. bywthedragon profile image61
    bywthedragonposted 5 years ago

I've practised mindfulness before. This has been of great help with my depression. One of the major issues with depression is the vicious thought spiral one can get into. Mindfulness, focusing on the present, on the physical sensations I am currently experiencing, can pull me back from that spiral.

I also tend to practise noticing the beautiful things around me. I frequently get the bus around sunset, and I try to take note of the way the light falls through the clouds, or the way the river glows with the sun sometimes.

1. Relationshipc profile image88
      Relationshipcposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer. That is something I didn't think about, but I can see how it would help out depression. Thank you.

3. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Living in the now gives me the opportunity to take an honest personal inventory of myself. If you work in a store, you can't inventory what was there yesterday but not today. You can't inventory what will be there tomorrows stock because you don't know what is leaving today. Same is life. I can reflect on yesterday and hopefully learn from it. But I can't change it. I can plan for tomorrow, but can't plan the results. So that means all I absolutely count on is right now. Right now is all I really have. That inventory I take tells me where I'm at and keeps my perspective of where I'm going realistic. I don't sell myself short and I don't have grandiose pipe dreams which only set me up for failure.
         Bottom line; I do get to know myself. At least for now. Tomorrow will be different. So, I'll get to know myself then,which will be now.

4. rainpurplewine profile image81
    rainpurplewineposted 5 years ago

Honestly, I struggle with this,I'm such a planner,always planning ahead.  I'm working on just being present, I think I will find more peace in the now!

5. Li Galo profile image76
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

A few things I did, while "in the moment"...

I met Bubba Paris.

I snorkeled among sea creatures bigger than men.

I took a bath at the top of a waterfall.

6. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I have started to practise yoga usually outside, on the beach or park and by deep breathing I have learnt to concrentrate on my body, just concentrate on that particular moment, only focusing on my breathing...it is overpowering experience, you find your way back to yourself and feel more calm and focussed....in peace with yourself and your surrounding....it is priceless and so easy to do:)

working