jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Is It Okay To Fear Success?

1. CrazedNovelist profile image85
    CrazedNovelistposted 4 years ago

Is It Okay To Fear Success?

I think I have a fear of success. Any tips on how to overcome it?

2. khmazz profile image83
    khmazzposted 4 years ago

I believe that it is fine and normal to fear success but do not let that fear stop you from achieving your goals, use it as fuel to let you reach your deserved success!

3. beverley byer profile image89
    beverley byerposted 4 years ago

For me, fear is a dirty word. It only serves to keep us in bondage. Instead of focusing on that little voice that says you can't or you shouldn't, focus on your task and proceed with faith guidance.

1. CrazedNovelist profile image85
      CrazedNovelistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer!

4. blferebee profile image61
    blferebeeposted 4 years ago

I think we all fear success, but I think when we say "fear success" we actually fear the failures along the way to success. I think the way to overcome that is to accept that we are human and we're not perfect. We aren't going to hit a homerun our first time at bat, but the understanding that failure ultimately leads to success (if you learn from your mistakes) will help you to keep on trucking.

5. Crissylite profile image76
    Crissyliteposted 4 years ago

What is it about success that scares you?....
    I would just go for it anyway; face your giants.

6. Queen of Cups profile image60
    Queen of Cupsposted 4 years ago

It is very easy to fear success and is very well okay because with each misstep one could easily make the wrong choice and lose that which they have worked for.
    The only tips I could offer would be to trust yourself, to trust the choices you make, and to drive onward knowing you're doing what you want.
    Success is a fragile thing.

7. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

What is is it about success that brings fear- the work to be successful -the patience you must learn to have because success is not instantaneous- define success- the risk that may be involved to get there - maintaining your succcess?  I think you should define success first and find out what about it brings you fear- when you find out what that is what you thought made you fearful may be more of an obstacle you can change in order to be successful.  Are you referring to a major success or smaller successes you experience along the way (i.e., raising your children well, graduating, completing a project, getting promoted at work, or winning a game on XBox)?

8. Markie W profile image61
    Markie Wposted 4 years ago

You can fear whatever you want, but I can't imagine anyone becoming anything they fear until they learn to overcome it. My suggestion would be to watch motivational films (youtube) and read some motivational books. Learn and accept that you deserve to be successful and I think once you give yourself permission to do that you'll be good. Good luck!

working