jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What keeps you motivated to stay on your nutrition and exercise program?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

What keeps you motivated to stay on your nutrition and exercise program?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8002386_f260.jpg

2. Inspired to write profile image76
    Inspired to writeposted 4 years ago

Interesting and important question lisasuniquevoice

For me it's...
    1: First step, knowing that you are worth it, by understanding...and constantly re-enforcing the notion for improvement and updating of your values, guidelines, dreams and ambitions. So you set your goal and work at it from then onward's.
    and
    2: Nobodies going to make it happen, any changes or improvements you wish to manifest or achieve, only you. So...make sure YOU depend on YOU the most in life. To get things done you have to incorporate exertion, by becoming active, you have to have knowledge in what you are doing and you got to have desire and the passion to be a doer, and not just a dreamer

The Water of Life changes constantly, it never stops, and we all have the opportunity to flow along, or be as some are and get stuck in a stagnant pool

I suppose its thinking back and remembering the reasons you set your goal/s in the first place, this alone should re-enforce the motivation and the action required, especially for exercising on a regular basis.

Regards Dale

3. american13 profile image75
    american13posted 4 years ago

All the health alements(sp) out there, becoming more confident, feeling good.

4. lcbenefield profile image77
    lcbenefieldposted 4 years ago

Seeing my clothes get big keeps me motivated to stay on my program.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Icbefield,
      I know. I love it when things get too big. It's almost better than using the scale.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

5. ytsenoh profile image87
    ytsenohposted 4 years ago

Plain and simple, the results.  That, and the fact that you know you're doing something that is healthy which can factor in your longevity.  It's a win/win scenario.

ytsenoh,
      When I watched my body shrink I was more and more motivated. It is win/win.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

6. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

I do not have a nutrition nor exercise program, and I am highly motivated to keep it that way.

Jim TxMiller,
      At least you're motivated:)
      Thanks,
      Lisa

7. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Health and vitality is what keeps me on my nutrition and exercise program. Having a "fit" body is also motivation, but it's minor compared to health. Without health, the body's exterior is worthless. Health is what brings energy and vitality into the whole being of a person... at least for me. wink

8. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

I picture what I am going to look like in the future.

working