jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Is it possible to tickle yourself?

1. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Is it possible to tickle yourself?

I never had such a feeling. But when another person tickles me I jump at a once. Why is it so?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

I'm not sure because I have wondered about this myself and have tried it.  I think maybe because you are expecting it when you do it yourself.

3. d-richie93 profile image62
    d-richie93posted 4 years ago

It depends on the individual some people can, others cannot

4. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

I don't think I can tickle myself but reading your question makes me laugh.  There's a tickle in there somewhere.

5. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

Personally, I never had tried tickling myself. But I'm sure it will either bring me a few good laughs, or probably tickle my fancy.  (:

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

no. I tried tickling myself... no feelings at all. When someone tickle me from behind, i give a loud yell for sure!

7. usacartitleloans profile image57
    usacartitleloansposted 4 years ago

nope, the way the brain is designed, you cannot tickle urself for some odd reason. Only when someone else is doing it and your brain doesnt control the spot that's being touched.

8. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

No, I can´t tickle myself. Well, when I really think about it I can, but there´s no reaction on my part. No laughing at all. Whereas, when somebody tickles me surprisingly I burst out laughing, but when I´m prepared, no;-)

9. susanzheng profile image81
    susanzhengposted 4 years ago

Oh, this is an interesting question because itself is little bit ticklish, making me laugh. I have read an article on howstuffworks.com. The title of the article is "Why do people laugh when they get tickled?"  If you read that article, maybe you will understand little bit whether it is possible to tickle yourself.  I think it's hard to make yourself laugh by ticking.

10. erorantes profile image51
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

I did tickle once. Around the bushes with a branch. It was funny. It was around my rib cage. Then I found out . I was sensitive in other areas of my body.

11. Shivana profile image60
    Shivanaposted 4 years ago

I don't think so, because you usually get tickled by surprise but if you know you are going to get tickled especially by yourself I don't think it will have that affect

12. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 4 years ago

Yes.  I certainly can.  I guess some people are more sensitive than others.

13. Mark Ryan Briones profile image61
    Mark Ryan Brionesposted 4 years ago

For me, it's a no, since our brain anticipates whatever we do to ourselves.

14. samtha profile image61
    samthaposted 4 years ago

A lot of the times if you try to tickle yourself using a part of your body (fingers, etc...) You may or may not be tickled so, it is helpful to use other objects ( feather , brush ) to tickle yourself with.

15. WalterPoon profile image78
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Of course you can. I do it every now and then when I'm suffering a depression, LOL.

16. yougottheguy profile image61
    yougottheguyposted 4 years ago

Yes, but not to an extent where one can laugh out loud!!!

Not possible!