jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is pancreatic cancer on the rise, and if so, why?

1. Amanda Severn profile image99
    Amanda Severnposted 4 years ago

Is pancreatic cancer on the rise, and if so, why?

I have heard of so many incidences of pancreatic cancer just recently, that I'm beginning to think that it's becoming increasingly common. I want to know whether others have noticed a similar trend, and whether there is any reason for the apparent increase.

2. Thief12 profile image92
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

You are right. Here is a very interesting article from the American Cancer Society:

http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/conten … 036845.pdf

There's a special section on Pancreatic Cancer on page 25. They basically say that, although pancreatic cancer doesn't have the most cases, it seems to be one of the deadliest cancer types and one of the few that is increasing, as opposed to other cancer types that have a decreasing trend.

3. sharkfacts profile image90
    sharkfactsposted 4 years ago

Two of my friends died of pancreatic cancer after the Chernobyl disaster. If it is on the increase worldwide, maybe folks should look at the nuclear accident incidences and the pancreatic cancer trend.

4. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if its on the rise. However, my aunt passed away form this. All I know is that it's very brutal & she suffered. Not a great way of ending a life at all.