What was YOUR most abysmal blackest moment in your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

What was YOUR most abysmal blackest moment in your life?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8369751_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

Not seeing the world as it really is. I grew up with a certain belief system that turned out to be completely false. It actually became a blessing in disguise because it sent me on a journey to discover the truth. I aggresively searched for the pearls of wisdom from everywhere. I expanded my consciousness beyond not only this country, but the entire world. Then I came back to the world. It is a totally different place now. In fact, a very amusing and entertaining place. I am laughing and enjoying things that use to make me angry or miserable for days. I can't even remember the last time I was angry. It's been over twenty years easily. Once I removed all the garbage that I was programmed with, I was able to see the truth. Freedom is priceless!

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This answer is beyond awesome.  It is transcendental to the next level!

3. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 10 years ago

Looking at that picture you have depicted here:   Spikes to gouge us; ugly, bland facial features; emptiness;  tied up and constrained in the area of courage; incomplete body; a sword that is lowered in defeat........ it all represents to us what we "aught" to regard a blackest abyss.
    Sri T has given the total opposite to that.
    My blackest moment was when my god-son was taken off this planet.  Yet I got over it!

So sad to hear of your loss.

2. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks GM.   It helped me to grow too.   My sister has also grown and mature from that loss.  I think the whole family did, each in our own special way.  Some "faith-wise," others like myself without a "faith," but an inherent acceptance of Now.

4. Conservative Lady profile image71
    Conservative Ladyposted 10 years ago

The moment I heard that my son was dead. I sank to the floor and for a brief moment questioned how God who loves us could put us through such torment. It took two years and a lot of praying to find my way back to the light. I will never be the same but I have an understanding that I would not have had without this lose. I know nothing can hurt me beyond repair now.

I am sorry for your deep loss.  My deepest sympathy for you and your family.   No parents should experience the death of their children.

2. mbwalz profile image86
      mbwalzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry for that loss. That must have been a dark moment indeed. You are a strong lady to have come to where you are today!!

5. DDE profile image45
    DDEposted 10 years ago

My darkest moment in my life was when i left home I felt like a part of my heart was ripped apart, and didn't know how to cry. At that moment I didn't know what to hink or do but had to leave now I am fine

6. mbwalz profile image86
    mbwalzposted 10 years ago

My father feel very sick just two days after he signed a sales contract to sell his house. With no other family, I was obliged to be with him as much as possible in the hospital - which was close by - while also preparing his 200 year old home for the transfer. It was a huge old home with decades of belongings and junk and was located two hours away. I was also working, had a family, and a chronic disease that sometime debilitated me. This went on long enough that my children began resenting me being away and even my infinitely understanding husband pointed out that I needed to spend more time with the family. One day I imagined myself, not dead, but in the hospital so I could be taken care of. I told my husband to hide my pain meds and tell the kids I was sick and to just give me medicine at the appointed hours. I checked out completely for a day.

Thank goodness it all worked out and my dad recovered after 5 months enough to live on his own for a year he enjoyed to the max before he passed away with me at his side at his new home. After his death, the disease I had got worse and was finally diagnosed. I will never completely recover and there's not cure. But given all of that, I guess I would not change a thing. Being there for my dad was a gift for both of us!

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

The blackest and most life altering was my mom's death.  I was 15, staying at my aunt and uncle's while she was in the hospital.  The phone rang and my aunt told my mom was getting worse.  I stayed home from school and was in the den listening to some records I got for my birthday a few days before.  I was listening to Bus Stop by the Hollies and my aunt told me my mom died.

It was the most abysmal because not only my mother died, but it was the culmination of my worst fear that I had been fighting for years. I was petrified of my mom dying every time she went to the store or shopping or was out of my sight.

And then it happened.

but here I am 47 years later when in fact I thought I would not survive the pain.  And the cool news is that I have the most wonderful family, and grandchildren...so things were eventually okay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)