jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Can women really "have it all"?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Can women really "have it all"?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8257812_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

At one time I believed to have had it all in the sense that I had a career, no debt, no health problems, etc.  I had it all in the sense that everything was ok.  No troubles, no worries.  Now is a completely different story, but I still feel like I have a good chunk of it.  Great kids, loving husband, sweet pets, etc.

3. Crystals-view profile image77
    Crystals-viewposted 4 years ago

I don't think anyone can "have it all" because there are always sacrifices. In order to have the things you do...you had to give up something else for it. Although, that doesn't mean you can't be content or happy with what you do actually have.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Crystals-view,
      You're right. I'm constantly giving up things I want  because I choose to be creative.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

4. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

"Having it all" for a woman means reaching the goals of success in both the workplace and on the domestic front. I can only speak for myself, and my answer is "no." I am sure that a woman can make it work with nannies, housekeepers, etc., but a woman who devotes the time to achieve top success at her career will ultimately miss out on the special milestones of raising her children. This lifestyle too will soon make a woman feel like a slave. Husbands ideally want to be catered to and not competed with. It's reality no matter how unpopular the thought is with feminists. At the cost of making money and building one's career, there have to be sacrifices w/ family and relationships. I've learned that family comes first, because loyalty is rarely repaid from a boss or a corporation when the time comes to make necessary cuts.

5. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Women can have some things.What ever it is.They can do.There are a lot of things that women can not have.Only men can do and have because the way things are to share all the resposibilities in this world. It to much for women to handle.

6. Sulabha profile image85
    Sulabhaposted 4 years ago

I may not "have it all" in  conventional way. And yet things have improved a great deal. But then in moments of idleness, I feel scared of what lies in future.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sulabha,
      You couldn't have said it better. What does lie in the future? I guess we could look at it as something that's exciting. You know, the "unknown". But, first of course we have to feel secure to some extent.  I know just what you're feeling.
      L

2. Sulabha profile image85
      Sulabhaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I need to try & look at things this way.

working