jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Can men and women really be "just friends"?

1. Danette Watt profile image84
    Danette Wattposted 7 years ago

Can men and women really be "just friends"?

2. chrisaltamirano profile image77
    chrisaltamiranoposted 7 years ago

Without a doubt! It takes a mutual agreement to decide this. However if you had to have the conversation of "are we just friends" then you both probably have more feelings for each other than "just friends."

3. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Yes for sure. Plenty of men and women do end up falling in love but others can definitely just be friends.

4. Shelvajay profile image57
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

Absolutely!  I have two best friends, and one of them is a man, and I am a woman.  We have been this way, friends, for the past 30 years.  And the same friendship that I share with him, I share with his wife and family members.  That is the key, I think.  If it is a male/female friendship, the same friendship that goes for one, goes for the couple, if it is a comples situation.

5. adamday profile image56
    adamdayposted 7 years ago

It is possible. However, I don't think just any man can be friends with just any woman. If there's any sexual tension between the two, it will not work. I'm happily married and I have a female best friend. We're like brother and sister more than anything. Our friendship has lasted because we use each other as a source of insight about the opposite sex. If I'm having a problem in my relationship she helps me, and vice versa. I can be friends with her, but I wouldn't even attempt a friendship with most women I meet. Too much temptation.

6. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

the answer should be yes smile
    as of now I had been through a lot of friendship involving the opposite sex and we did admit that were better off as friends than lovers. Friendship is more important than a senseless relationship that might actually break everything

7. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

Yes they can...sometimes friendship with extra's ...depends on the situation of each individual how far the friendship extends.

8. DailyResearcher profile image59
    DailyResearcherposted 7 years ago

It works for sophisticated people. Don't know about Harry and Sally smile

9. Karonher profile image73
    Karonherposted 7 years ago

Yes - how many people want to be more than friends with most of the men in their lives?

10. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Yes. Two of my closest friends are male, one of whom I've known for nearly 15 years. There's never been any sexual chem or innuendo.. I see him as my brother, we talk about any and everything, go out sometimes and just get along really well.

11. reeree10488 profile image60
    reeree10488posted 7 years ago

Of course. Why not. I have plenty of male friends i hang out with, but trying not to have a relationship with them.

12. jammy15 profile image55
    jammy15posted 7 years ago

Yes, why not a man and a woman can BE very good friends just like man and man or a woman and woman.

Closed to reply