What do you find personally insulting?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

What do you find personally insulting?

I'm suspecting that there are things we find insulting that based on: (1) the culture in which we were raised, (2) our family's "culture," (3) our own individual preferences.  Exp. a. I know that I find it personally insulting when people offer an outrageously low price for something of value that I'm selling.  I think that is based on my family culture where we try to always be fair in buying and selling. b. I find it insulting when, as a senior citizen, people call me "Sweetie," or "Dear".  I think that's a personal idiosyncrasy.  c. What do you find insulting and what is the origin?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image84
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I grew up with a stigma that I was overweight, which wasn't true.  I was tormented relentlessly by mean female relatives about it. 

I had thyroid surgery a couple of years ago and I couldn't help it, I did put on some weight.  But I also lost 60 pounds when I was suffering from gallbladder issues before my surgery this past spring.

So now I walk every day, at least one mile, even though I have asthma.  I've cut way back on my food portions.  I'm trying to eat healthier.  I'm a size M/L.
    I'm doing it more for my health than vanity reasons.

Someone dropped off a box of clothes on my front porch size 2XL and then asked why I wasn't wearing them.  I found it really insulting because I've worked so hard to take off the extra weight, and even at my heaviest, I wasn't a 2XL.

Anyway, that's my sob story for the day!  LOL big_smile