jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed by life's problems?

1. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed by life's problems?

2. WuckingFurries profile image85
    WuckingFurriesposted 4 years ago

think of all the things I am thankful for.

1. jpcmc profile image90
      jpcmcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In spite of all the problems, there's still a silver lining to be thankful for.

3. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Depends on what type of problem.  If its something I can do about then I work hard to ease the problem.  If its something I have no control over then I use my energy to solve a problem that I can do something about.

1. jpcmc profile image90

Yup, worry about those within your locus of control.  Otherwise, it's just a waste of energy.

4. Mahir Maric profile image60
    Mahir Maricposted 4 years ago

I think that the mind focus is the key. Do we see problems as problems or opportunities and challenges to improve or prove our skills to the other. if we all could just think on that way there wouldn't be depression.
    Great question

1. jpcmc profile image90

Yes, it's a huge thing to see problems as negative than opportunities.  the mindset makes a difference.  I appreciate the answer.

5. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

The highest understanding is, there are no problems. There are only concepts and situations that are subject to change. So I am never overwhelmed. If I empty my mind of all thoughts, where are the problems? They are only supported by my thoughts. So if I want to change a situation, I must conjure a new set of ideas and act on them. My outcome is predetermined, I know what I want to happen. I also separate my individual situations from what the media and the world is experiencing. The world is not a collective experience, it is individual. Some are filthy rich, some are poor and hopeless, some are happy, others are sad, some are healthy, some are not. Each person has their own journey and experiences.

1. jpcmc profile image90

IN the book Who Moved My Cheese it said- If we change how we think, we change how we behave...or something like that.  it's all about perspective.  thanks for your insights.

6. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

I usually take a walk in the woods and tune in to the beautiful surroundings and sounds that Mother Nature has to offer all of  us.  It will help you to forget any of your problems for awhile.  And also remind you that life is just too short to let problems make it any shorter!

1. jpcmc profile image90

Nature does have a calming effect.

7. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Usually if able to I sleep. If unable to I step outside if possible and try connecting with nature a moment. Next, I start making lists. Finally, purge the lists of junk and move forward. But, I prefer sleep if at all possible first.

1. jpcmc profile image90

I think having a well rested mind helps make things clearer.  it's difficult to tackle problems when you're all stressed out.

8. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

I take a break.  Read a book or watch a movie and for a short time I drift away from reality. Then at the end of each day I thank God for helping me get through it and I ask for guidance in excepting whatever comes my way. With that piece of mind I sleep peacefully.

1. jpcmc profile image90

God won't give us challenges we can't face.  He's there to help us through it.,

working