What has given you this kind of sheer joy in your life? Do you have plans to rec

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

What has given you this kind of sheer joy in your life? Do you have plans to recapture it?

I found this picture of our little neighbor taken at Christmas time years ago when she was little.  She couldn't wait to show us her new tutu and ran over in the snow in ballet slippers and no coat to show us her favorite Christmas present that year.  This picture reflects sheer joy.  That emotion, I think, is wound up in the hope of something spectacular, the thrill of the possibility of learning something new and becoming good at it.  It's a joy we've all hopefully have felt at one time.  I'd like to write a hub that talks about recapturing that in our present adult lives.  Your thoughts?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8593646_f260.jpg

2. mactavers profile image91
    mactaversposted 4 years ago

A good book, a hot cup of coffee or tea and anything chocolate.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

Yes, noble thoughts and sentiments.
    Love is the language of the heart, and children show this simplicity. They are spontaneous, innocent, carefree to some extent and full of purity, an essential quality that some have lost.

It is the nature of the heart to be spontaneous, childlike and to identify. It thinks in terms of "we" and "ours" and not "me" and "mines". It loves oneness and identification and is full of selfless love. We see all this in children. We know intuitively that these qualities are our birth right and we long for them once
    more.

I feel this joy only through love of God but especially expressed in service, or so called sacrifice, and soulful offering to my fellow citizens on planet earth. Happy Christmas!

working