jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you are an ex-smoker, how did you quit smoking?

1. Halcyone profile image77
    Halcyoneposted 4 years ago

If you are an ex-smoker, how did you quit smoking?

Cold turkey, nicotine replacement therapy, hypnosis...etc

2. David R Bradley profile image84
    David R Bradleyposted 4 years ago

Cold turkey has the highest success rating and it is a gorgeous battle that pays a huge dividend on multiple levels.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Cold turkey was the only method that finally worked for me.  I just had to knuckle down and do it.

4. Bishop55 profile image95
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

Ecigs, better known as a vapermate.  Start off with good dose of nicotine and taper off.  Detoxing sucks though. 10 months smoke free, happy and loving it.

1. David R Bradley profile image84
      David R Bradleyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

eCigs = smoking and still addicted to nicotine. Rip the band aid off.   It does suck but get it over with and be done.

2. Bishop55 profile image95
      Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I slowly downgraded to zero nicotine.  My band aid is gone, but thanks.  I tried cold turkey-failed.  Gum-failed.  Ecigs worked for me.

3. David R Bradley profile image84
      David R Bradleyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!   The End result is the same which is smoke free.  Are you still using the eCigs?

4. Bishop55 profile image95
      Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks David! lol...yes I occasionally still use them, but I use flavors w/o nicotine now.  It's a bit silly but it's like a hobby.  I do still enjoy the "breathing aspect" which honestly may be why I ever smoked to begin with, or part of it.

5. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

tooth picks. flavored if i was able to find. great for keeping the hands and mouth busy just like cigs. plus they are super cheap

working