I have an employee with Bipolar, how do I best support them?

1. kikibruce profile image88
    kikibruceposted 4 years ago

I have an employee with Bipolar, how do I best support them?

What is the best way to manage life in the workplace if you have Bipolar?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image93
    sparkleyfingerposted 4 years ago

When the employee has a "high"- let them have some extra duties- they will generally be buzzing with energy and enthusiasm. This will also counteract the "low" days, where more monotonous duties are appreciated.
    In general though, don't gloss over the subject, and don't be afraid to ask if they're feeling ok- knowing that someone is caring for you as an individual instead of as someone who can get a job done, is very well appreciated when you are having your funny spells smile

3. DeepThought258238 profile image72
    DeepThought258238posted 4 years ago

Some of the ways you can help a fellow co-worker who is bipolar is by making sure your comments are never negative towards them or even blaming them for the way they are feeling that day. You want to work hard at being patient especially if they are having a bad day. Being empathetic can help you with that. Especially on those bad days try to view matters through the eyes of the sufferer rather than through your own. A good principal to follow is the one found in 1 Corinthians 10:24 - "Let each one keep seeking not his own advantage but that of the other person." Hopefully you find this helpful.

It could also be comforting to share the hope found in the bible. God has made a promise in the scriptures that soon all sickness will end. Isaiah 33:24 states, "..No resident will say I am sick." To learn more about how this promise will come true go to:

www.jw.org

working