How dream related to real life ? is there any relation between reality and dream

1. icv profile image67
    icvposted 4 years ago

How dream related to real life ? is there any relation between reality and dream ?

2. DeepThought258238 profile image69
    DeepThought258238posted 4 years ago

The World Book Encyclopedia (1984, Vol. 5, p. 279) states : “Most adults dream for about 100 minutes during eight hours of sleep.” Dreams are a normal human experience. “Science Times” section of The New York Times added: “Within the school that places great value on dreams, there are many approaches to finding the psychological message of a dream, each reflecting different theoretical outlooks. A Freudian will find one kind of meaning in a dream, while a Jungian will find another, and a Gestalt therapist will find still another meaning. . . . But the view that dreams have psychological meaning at all has come under strong attack from neuroscientists.”—July 10, 1984, p. C12

So we see that dreams really hold no meaning in relations to real life nowadays. Interpretations can vary and a lot of that depends on an individuals personal way of thinking. Trying to interpret dreams is a practice that goes as far back when Egypt was a world power. Even in the bible there were times where God gave warnings, instructions or inspired prophecy by means of a dream. However the bible notes that eventually that type of communication would come to an end.  Note the following scriptures:

Jeremiah 29:8,9 - "For this is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are among you deceive you,and do not listen to the dreams that they are dreaming. 9 For ‘they are prophesying lies to you in my name. I have not sent them,’declares Jehovah.”’

2 Tim. 3:16, 17: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching . . . that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”

The bible would become all we need to understand life, and what lies ahead. How so? If you would like to learn more you can visit

1. icv profile image67
      icvposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In ancient time there were many experts for interpreting the meaning of dream. But I am very interested to know, Is there any scientic ways to understand the meaning of dream.  Thanks for answering.