My question is does this website help become a writter?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Miguel Rosales profile image60
    Miguel Rosalesposted 4 years ago

My question is does this website help become a writter?

Im a 17 year old boy who was searching for a job online and this came up. Sounds interesting, but does this site help you if you are a young writter with a dream to get his book published?

2. Marie Flint profile image88
    Marie Flintposted 4 years ago

It can help, Miguel. There are also templates to learn, though. The emphasis, too, seems to be on article writing. Some of the authors are writing fiction or poetry.

There are good articles here on writing and some about publishing ebooks. You have to type a key word into the Hub Pages search prompt to see what's available and choose what suits your interest.

To be a good writer, you have to read, read, read and write daily. Write about what you feel passionate about and be willing to do research.

Hub Pages does have a tutorial about how to use the site and templates. When you start your first article, an article format will appear with tips on putting your article or story together.

Good luck, welcome aboard, and keep writing!

1. Miguel Rosales profile image60
      Miguel Rosalesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you it realy helps

3. raymondphilippe profile image83
    raymondphilippeposted 4 years ago

Miguel, as every skill needs practice, practice and even more practice, I don't think it will hurt to write and publish articles here.
    Besides the writing part there's also a marketing/promotion side involved. Being active on hubpages might even benefit you on this front too.

Success!

4. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Welcome to the obsession, Miguel wink. I started writing online on a similar community-based writing site, and it ended up being one of the best things for my writing career. It doesn't directly help you write a book or get it published, but it is full of people who can help offer tips on how you can polish your writing. If you let your readers know in your hubs that your intention is to eventually publish books, they are more likely to leave constructive comments toward that end.

This site can also help you get an audience. Once you have a base of people who like your writing, it gets a lot easier to get the kind of feedback and support it takes to write a book.

So yes -- Hubpages gives you practice, feedback, an audience, and maybe a little income during the journey. I say "maybe" because I think you have to be 18 to get a payout, but that gives you some time to work on it until then. I started writing online part-time when I was 15 (okay, I might have lied about my age a few times, but shhhhh...never did lie to Hubpages tongue ), and went full-time six years later, in 2007. Today, writing feeds my family of five. I've only ghost-written books so far, all client work, open-submission and my own domains rather than actually putting my name on the cover, but it can certainly help if a book of your own is the goal too.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Hi Miguel. First I want to tell you to pursue your dream and don't let anyone hold you back. Speaking from experience, it's a great feeling getting that first book published.

Hubpages won't help you directly in getting your book published, but as Marie said, there are many good hubs written by published authors that will give you some great tips and advice about writing and getting published. For any new writer, I think writing here helps in two ways. By writing articles, you get to practice writing and that can help you improve your skills. Also, you can get some great feedback from the people who read your hubs.

If you plan on writing a novel, you can write some short fiction and publish it under the creative writing section and ask people to give their opinions about your style, plots, and characters. Be warned though, some people may give harsh criticism, but you'll learn to weed out the good from the bad.

6. luvtoowrite profile image42
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

I think it's a good start; if anything educational. It may help you develop new ideas for yourself and in the long run, improve writing skills.

7. Alphapx profile image65
    Alphapxposted 4 years ago

Having your own website gives you the sole authority to change your writing settings and layout of your own page choice.

I had lots of websites before but ended up here since I get bored with changing and making unending tweaks to have better page looks. This is a waste of time. Whereas, if you stay in Hubpages, all you have to do is write and publish your articles.

You don't need to manage your hosting payment monthly for your own website and domain payment yearly. Sometimes, hosting sites bug down for some maintenance reason.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)