jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are the causes of a bleeding nose?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

What are the causes of a bleeding nose?

When you see blood on the pillow case  from a bleeding nose what do you think is the cause of this problem?

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

It could stem from a number of things One of them could be from a temporary elevation in blood pressure.

If your pressure is up a bit, then the small capillaries, within your nasal mucosa could tend to leak a little blood.  Most likely though, It is from dry nasal passages, due to a dry or cold environment, without very little humidity. 

After awhile particularly after sleeping throughout the night.  The lining will have become even dryer and/or crustier . A result of this, it could be that the nasal epithelium, or lining of the nose becomes irritated in return, and causes a seepage of blood from one of your nostrils. 

Again just a few things that it could be among many. I hope this helps answer your question somewhat.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you sorry I took so long to comment. Definitely helpful to me.

3. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

I get bloody noses if I feel overheated or if I take aspirin, the latter of which may have something to do with the thinning of the blood. Consequently, I try to avoid getting too hot or taking aspirin. When I avoid those things, I do not suffer from nosebleeds. That being said, there is likely some medical explanation for bleeding noses, but I have no idea what it is. Someone told me I might need vitamin K, but who knows. It might help if you put some Vaseline inside your nose before you go to sleep at night. Hope you can figure out what's going on!

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So helpful thank you sorry i took so long to comment.

working