jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Nose bleeding often happens, what can I do?

1. beaddve1800 profile image73
    beaddve1800posted 5 years ago

Nose bleeding often happens, what can I do?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

See your doctor. It could be something harmless like dry air, or something serious like high blood pressure. If it's nothing, at least you will know.

3. beaddve1800 profile image73
    beaddve1800posted 5 years ago

How about bleeding after swimming at beach? That does not sound like too dry at all.

4. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

More than likely pollen or something else in the air is the culprit but in rare instances could be something more serious. Try rubbing some saline gel in each nostril several times a day to keep them moisturized and when bleeding tilt the head back and apply pressure with a hand cloth or something to the bleeding nostril[s] for a few minutes which should stop the flow.

1. beaddve1800 profile image73
      beaddve1800posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your tips! I will do it.

5. jdavis88 profile image94
    jdavis88posted 5 years ago

if after swimming in salt water or being in salt air it could be due to dilation of the sinus blood vessels due to the salt.  First, do not lean the head back if the bleeding is heavy.  The blood will just go down into your stomach and make you nauseated.  Leave your head in the "sniffing position" and take a piece of ice wrapped in a wet rag or a paper towel.  Place the piece of ice in your mouth, between your upper lip and your front upper gums.  The cold ice will cause the nearby blood vessels in the sinuses to contract and the bleeding will stop rather quickly.

working