jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your greatest fear now? And how are you coping?

1. LoryRich profile image83
    LoryRichposted 3 years ago

What is your greatest fear now? And how are you coping?

I thought before my greatest fear is fear of failure. Thus, I tend to procrastinate. But the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that it is also a fear of success. It is somewhat confusing. Yet, I know dealing with these fears will be good for me and the sooner I do this, the better. Maybe asking people about their own experience on fears (whatever that may be) and how they're coping would give me something to relate to and some handle to start with. Thanks!

2. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Fear is a waste of time. Since nobody is getting out of this game alive, what is there to be afraid of? Everything else is a joke compared to the end. So it is a matter of training the emotions. No one should let their emotions rule them. It requires patience, self forgiveness and a new understanding. The great philosophers said, "Know thyself" . One has to control ones thoughts and feelings by habit and right thinking. It is a lifetime process. Affirmations, meditation, visualization, self hypnosis and self esteem psychology can help change character and create emotional control with poise in most situations. No one has mastered themselves completely, no matter what heights, or how holy they are. They simply know how to let go and move on to the next experience. People can train the emotions to a very high degree but there will always be that sudden, unexpected feeling. Something can trigger an older reaction. Some people just laugh at it and move on. There are also thousands of books and dvds with methods for dealing with fears.

3. profile image0
    Shelly Elliottposted 3 years ago

I see everyone afraid of failure, but who is judging you? You are a beautiful person and this is a great question. The most successful people are the ones who fear nothing. I do have a lot of fear of my family being hurt or worse dying. My son is my purpose for living and I have nightmares that something may be out of my control and he will get hurt. As he gets older I have to let go and just sit back and watch. We learn too much by being victims of fear. If you need to cope better: just try something you always wanted to do but were too afraid ie: bucket list. Baby steps and just have fun along the way smile

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Perhaps my greatest fear is fear of death. Funny thing to say for a spiritual aspirant but I wish, through His Grace, to make a lot more progress. In a way it is never a good thing when a conscious seeker dies, as each moment takes him or her nearer to the Goal.

The Soul who lives in death has nothing to worry about, but death for the God-conscious Soul is a halt in progress until the journey re-commences at a later stage.

So the seeker is always concerned about progress or in my case, have I done enough? My Teacher used to say that at the point of death, each Soul  feels that it has wasted time.

working