Have you ever been discriminated against because of the type of insurance you're

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Have you ever been discriminated against because of the type of insurance you're on?

This is an absurd question, but I'm afraid I'm not alone..

2. TJSMITH profile image76
    TJSMITHposted 4 years ago

Yes. When I was in my early twenties.  I got a speedy ticket in California, then moved to AZ.  When I went to get established in AZ, the insurance company wanted to charge me higher insurance because I was an risk.  Told the insurance company, I paid high premiums for my traffic infraction and time has pass on that the ticket was no longer on my driving record.  The insurance company said, that is true but your former insurance company is known for insuring risk clients so even though we don't see your ticket, we know you're a risk.  My argument is when will the madness end, when do I finally pay my dues?  I will be punish with higher risk because you will insure me as an high risk and the next company will follow suit and so on.  Enough is enough.  In the end, I went to another company and got an fair rate with my current record, age, and driving record.  30 years later, never got another ticket or been in an accident. KNOCK ON WOOD

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow! What an obnoxious insurance company and stupid "logic" on their part. I'm so glad to hear that everything is finally right (and that you're driving safely and smartly!). I'll knock on wood, too--for you and everyone! Thanks for commenting!

working