jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Is sex attached to lust somehow?

1. Josh Makaveli profile image34
    Josh Makaveliposted 4 years ago

Is sex attached to lust somehow?

It is considered that if someone wants to have sex then they have lust in them. Is it really true? do people really think this way?

2. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 4 years ago

In short, yes, it's attached; but it's a complicated answer.

I think this is a case of lust having multiple definitions. For example, there is the biblical usage which frowns on the concept of having lust in is - but most people I know, myself included, do not interpret this kind of lust as simple sexual attraction. Rather it's a reference to desire that borders on obsession or which objectifies the other person and that is a bad thing.

But there is also modern-day usage of the word that simply refers to being strongly attracted to someone in a sexual way, desiring them physically, etc. And that is simply biological nature.

So I would answer, yes, wanting to have sex with someone is lusting after them, but that this isn't inherently a bad thing.

1. bethperry profile image90
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer!

2. Josh Makaveli profile image34
      Josh Makaveliposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i think you are right that this is a biological nature so if someone wants to have sex then it shouldnt be considered as lust

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Sex like eating is not one dimensional.
    Just as one may choose to eat a garden salad or a slice a double fudge cake the "eating"  or the action can be done whether someone is hungry or simply have a taste for a particular thing. A person can have sex without feeling horny. In fact there are many married people who will tell you they've done it on more than one occasion without feeling any lust.
    It has also been noted that some people want to have sex in order to get something in return whether it be affection, love, or even money. For them sex is not attached to lust. It's a means to an end
    In other instances a couple gets heated up during the process of hugging/kissing and go "all the way". Sometimes people "put the breaks on" even when they are feeling lustful because the timing is not right or they have something else to do at the moment.

Josh Makaveliposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thank you very much for such useful information. I really appreciate this smile

4. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

Lust is a hunger and like hunger only wants a single thing: to consume. But that doesn't mean we have to submit to our hunger, nor does it mean we eat only for that purpose. Eating food can stimulate our senses, it can be pleasing to look at, smell, taste. Eating can stimulate our aesthetic intellect. Eating can be a social engagement undertaken for the simple enjoyment of a shared company. Same for sex and of course sex has the one additional interconnection of love.

Lust is tied perfectly to sex. Sexual fulfillment is all it wants, but sex isn't tied perfectly to lust. Through it we can find many different connections which have nothing to do with lust.

Josh Makaveliposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the answer smile

5. profile image49
    bassilynnesandersposted 3 years ago

Lust is a part of sex. Without it, sex wouldn't be complete.

Josh Makaveliposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks for coming by smile

working