jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is YOUR definition of acting one's age? Is this definition means just sett

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is YOUR definition of acting one's age?  Is this definition means just settling and stop being

youthful in attitude and joie de vivre?  Or is this definition means forever evolving, becoming wiser,  more forgiving, more sage-ing, never losing our youthful attitude and promise?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9034553_f260.jpg

2. pattyfloren profile image79
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

I was out running an errand on Father's Day this year and  went over a relative's house.  I noted that I was feeling rather light and did not harbor any resentment for things undone.  The conversation was light and we were talking back and forth (my grandchildren and myself with relatives) and it was better than worrying about life's situations that happens when we expect more.  I thought this is what life is all about, not worrying, waiting for things hoped for, and enjoying the day.  From new beginnings when we understand about doing for others and loving the Lord and all things will follow, it is amazing how to be content without condoning yourself for your wants and desires.  The Lord provides and he doesn't forsake us.  We have to know when and appreciate all times.  The definition of acting your age is do what you feel will make you the best that you can be whether single, looking for love, or already in a relationship.
    I think older persons should have some entitlements because they are wiser or see things a little different than younger people.  It would be interesting to see who younger people emulate searching for answers to life's mysteries.

3. Sundeep Kataria profile image73
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

I think this phrase was invented and became handy to advice someone to act foolish. For example, what a child in the age bracket of 2 to 3 does is charming and is representative of child's innocence. But if a grown child of say 12 to 14 years adopts similar gesture to get himself a toy or a permission to go out would look not so funny.

Similarly, if a teenager son of a "very highly placed in society" father orders around his father's juniors - it would look out of place.

I have also seen some elderly ladies competing with teenagers in certain things which does not befit their age.

In other words, the grace is lost!

4. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I don't know how to act my age, I've never been this age before, so I make the rules.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

HA, LOVE YOUR ANSWER!!!

working