jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What can you do to raise PTSD awareness?

1. Purpose Embraced profile image96
    Purpose Embracedposted 3 years ago

What can you do to raise PTSD awareness?

June is Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) month, and June 27 is PTSD Awareness Day.

2. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I think we can each begin to share this devastating illness ourselves, to anyone who will listen. I for one am touched by this as I have a son in prison who most likely was raped, assaulted and has PTSD and from this has had a complete mental break down which we pray each day for his return to himself.

Purpose Embracedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comments Penny G. I am sorry to hear of the devastating experience of your son. Your continued support will go a far way in helping him in his recovery, and also  promote PTSD awareness.

3. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 3 years ago

I have PTSD as do one of my children. In answer to your question, there are a number of ways to raise awareness. First, you could do a hub on it.  I have never done so, but did write about medication for PTSD nightmares. You could become an advocate by working for an organization like NAMI, or for some local organization in your area. I just inform as I go through life and come across people. I had someone once thank me for serving in the military when I told them I had PTSD. People don''t realize you don't have to have fought in battle to have it. So educating people all the time when opportunities come along. Thanks for your interests in raising awareness.

Purpose Embracedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for responding lambservant and for sharing your experiences with PTSD. I have written three hubs on PTSD and trauma-related issues. Yes, there is the need to continue to raise PTSD awareness.

working