jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you prefer that Black women wear their natural hair or not?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 3 years ago

Do you prefer that Black women wear their natural hair or not?

They may wear their natural hair under a weave often, but it's still their natural hair without a perm.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9118536_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I think it is beautiful to see a black woman with her natural hair, no perm, no weave, no add ons of any kind! With that said, I'm not the one who has to live with it.

Brinafr3shposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Glad to know non-black people think that it is beautiful for Black women to sport their natural hair. Thank for your input, Chris Rock mentioned in an interview that the sells of perms has gone way way down since his documentary about natural hair.

3. savvydating profile image98
    savvydatingposted 3 years ago

The long, natural hair look is very sexy. I'm surprised more black women don't wear it that way. Well... styles come and go, so I guess the straight hair look is in right now. Lots of black models, however, seem comfortable with the natural look, but then again, they have people to do their hair for them. Lupita--the one who won the Oscar for best actress this year--is fabulous with her natural, short hair!

Hi, it's true Lupita is one of the women in the entertainment industry that is setting a positive standard by rockin her natural hair and being famous for it as well.

4. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I prefer to see Black women with their natural hair, whether they straighten it with heat or chemicals, or totally natural, versatility is good as long as it's your own hair. I'm not a hater but I'm just not into weaves, wigs, or long extensions. But if you have to due to an illness or disorder, that's different. I like the versatility of my own natural hair, chemical-free. I can go "nappy natural" or straight using heat.

Agreed, versatility is what it's all about when going natural with out perms, Solange Knowles mentioned the same thing about versatility and natural hair when she was on the Oprah show a few years ago. Chris Rock spark the flame about this topic.

2. janshares profile image97
      jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, "Good Hair," loved that movie. Thanks. wink

5. Crissylite profile image75
    Crissyliteposted 3 years ago

I guess women should go with a look that makes them feel more comfortable, as long as it doesn't define who they are. Me personally, I prefer natural.

working