jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone have tips for dealing with grief?

1. sassymolassibear profile image60
    sassymolassibearposted 3 years ago

Does anyone have tips for dealing with grief?

How do you handle grief due to the death of a loved one?  Death of a beloved pet?  How do you teach children about death?

2. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

Here are some of my thoughts I put in a hub. http://diana-lee.hubpages.com/hub/Grief … Time-Limit

1. sassymolassibear profile image60
      sassymolassibearposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I cried reading your stories of loss.  My deepest heartfelt sympathy for your losses in this life.  Do you find that you relish life more knowing that we don't all have 100 years guaranteed on this earth?  Each day is sweeter!

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Two ways I know. One is accept it. It is part of life. One cannot exist without the other. Everything has it's opposite. Release, let go, move on. The other way is, remain mindful. Celebrate the memories and the good times. See the person in a better place and be happy for them.

4. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Take it day by day and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. The pain is greater the tighter the bond. When my father died and in the months prior to it, I did not allow myself to grieve because I was doing a variety of things to spend time with him and to ensure his care. I was completely in shock when he did die because at the fairly young age of 63 and knowing that he was a kind and good hearted man, it was unfair.
    After the shock of his death wore off I slowly began to act upon how I felt rather than how others wanted me to. If I did not feel in the mood to go out, I didn't and vice versa. If I wanted to cry I cried like a baby, sometimes I still do and it's been years. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, just yesterday I was laughing with my sister about some of the funny things he said and did.

working