jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is it possible to control emotions all the time?

1. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

Is it possible to control emotions all the time?

People find themselves amidst problems the main reason being the lack of control over emotions, how to overcome the disability?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

I think it is something many people have no control over.  It depends on the person.

m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good words.

3. arksys profile image93
    arksysposted 3 years ago

if you practice hard enough : yes.

throw yourself in situations on purpose and you will learn how to deal with it.

good advise.

4. profile image56
    Nicole Nichols-Smposted 3 years ago

I think that if one controls their emotions all the time and they don't allow their feeling to be felt then it can cause some people to just "blow up". An observer who does not know what emotions have been stifled and may not understand why the person would get so upset over something that seems very trivial.They don't see the layers of hidden feelings that the person has been keeping private.  Yes it is possible to control your emotions however, it is not healthy to do so.

good answer.

5. mikejhca profile image90
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

It is possible to control your emotions all the time or at least most of the time. People already do that. They do things like make themselves feel angry, sad, relaxed or happy. Controlling your emotions is easy. You are already doing it. The trick is to control your emotions so you feel the way you want to feel. Think about things that make you feel the way you want to feel and breath so you feel the way you want to feel.

The first step is to tell yourself that you are in control of your emotions. The second step is to focus on what you want. I practice feeling the way I want to feel. A lot of people focus on what they don't want and practice feeling the way they don't want to feel.

a very good answer. thanks

working