jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you judge people who bite their nails?

1. kerbev profile image67
    kerbevposted 3 years ago

Do you judge people who bite their nails?

I bite my nails.  I've always done it.  I have grown them out a few times, but then one breaks and I fall back to old ways.  I know it makes my hands look bad, but so be it. 

Do you judge nail biters?  Do you think less of them?  Would you take this into consideration in say the hiring process?

2. deecoleworld profile image82
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

Personally I think nail biting is gross! What gets me going though is seeing dirt under people's nails, I think its by far worst then nail-biting.  I don't really judge someone who nail bites ....but I would prefer not to shake someone's hand who is a constant nail-biter. I don't want to get spit/drool/spittle on me!!!

If I was a hiring manager or hr, I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker (though nail biting does (to me) signify someone who is constantly in pressure or worried or anxious about something). As long as you're a strong candidate nail-biting shouldn't matter (btw don't nail bite during or while you're waiting in the waiting room for a job interview)

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I don't give it a second thought. Most people have nervous quirks. Mine is biting the inside of my lip or cheeks. I don't know why anyone would think less of me for that!

1. Penny G profile image73
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh me too, and some of my adult children do it to. Sigh

4. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I do not judge others. Only God can judge. If we judge, he will judge us. What are these people thinking?

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

If I judge someone for biting their nails then I would also be judging myself.  So the answer is no and it shold not be considered in the hiring process

6. profile image54
    Marvelous Menuposted 2 years ago

Yes. My sister bites her nails constantly. I think it is a habit that most often cannot  be broken. So, I judge that she is used to doing so and will continue to do so as will most others that I observe doing the same thing. It does not seem to be harmful.

working