jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever been so overwhelmed with lifes emotional pain you wished for amnes

1. Penny G profile image68
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Have you ever been so overwhelmed with lifes emotional pain you wished for amnesia?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

A brief respite a few times perhaps, but no not really.  Looking back; I see the times of my life that were the most painful were actually catalysts for me to live in new ways, find new solutions to problems and to really embrace the beauty of all life.  There's nothing quite like the deepest pain to make you fully appreciate the smaller things in life that we tend to take for granted.

1. Penny G profile image68
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Everything you say is so true and I think hearing what I know was a boost for me today. Thanks.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Yes and no if that is possible. Things throughout my life have brought me to my knees several times. Saying that, I suppose these trials have opened my eyes to the reality that no one is exempt from tragic, traumatic events. It has made me realize that anyone can go through such tragic events in their lives. They say time heals all, this is far from the truth. Time only passes no matter what anyone is going through. The world stops for no one. Would I change my past? No, because God has a plan for all of our lives. God did not promise the road would be easy, but worth it all in the end.

working