What are the TOP TEN reasons why so many people in the United States are poor
Why is a baby poor ? As a person could he even decide how not to be ,Could he help or maneuver his situation? Could he get a Job? In other countries people do not have advantages as others. In the USA material wealth is abundant, but in other Countries they are not by choice to be poor . But they are rich in many other things ! They are rich in love , fellow feeling, deeds of godly devotion . And the first to come to your rescue when something tragic happens.
God loves us all ,but we are to be rich in God's way not this world that is passing away.
Reference Bible 1Jo 2:17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever. These are the rich people.
Most people would rather spend their money than to save it or invest it.
A lot o people lack the education or the job skills to get jobs which earn money beyond the lower middleclass or below.
Choosing the wrong mate for a spouse or investing time and money into bad relationships. Costly divorces, child support, alimony...etc
Having children which one cannot afford to take care of adequately.
Unforeseen events such as having a stroke, medical emergencies, law suits, accidents, job is outsourced or replaced with technology while one was on "auto pilot" and not paying attention to changes in their industry.
Being completely financially dependent on a spouse/mate only to have them either die suddenly or walk out.
You company blows your pension fund similar to what Enron did.
Lack of the proper amount of insurance to recover from disasters.
Made high risk or bad investments which didn't pan out.
Committing crimes,being arrested, and branded as a felon.
Having an addictive personality be it drugs, alcohol, gambling, or pornography which interfere with daily responsibilities on the job.
Associating with those who lack ambition or a desire to give their all. This causes one to "dumb it down". Listening to "Dream Killers" who discourage you from pursuing your dreams as you settle into a career you care nothing about. Playing the victim role no matter what takes place in your life.
I do not think you forgot anything dashingscorpio ! You left me speechless !
And this is all true, But it is so. Sad that money can do more damage then good if not looked at in the right perspective. As you have listed these can be the case.
There are several reasons why so many people are poor in the United States. These are not "statistical research" reasons. I live in a very poor neighborhood, and these are the things I see.
Dashingscorpio has some great reasons.
1. The area is bad. Years ago, my area had a bunch of steel mills that provided jobs for people. Then the steel mills closed down, and nothing took their place. The town is rife with vacant buildings and empty lots. The only jobs available within 25 miles are minimum-wage retail jobs, and a handful of small factories that pay between $7.95 - $10/hour. Working full-time at one of the plants will net you a monthly income of $1272 - $1600 a month before taxes. Expenses for food, utilities, housing, transportation, etc. easily cost that much and more. An easy solution would be to get up and move to a better area, but that costs money that people just don't have.
2. Addiction to drugs or alcohol. Eats up your money and just makes it impossible to do constructive things with your life.
3. Overspending habits.
4. Too much debt. Lots of people go to college and get student loans, then find themselves in a job where they're not earning a livable wage. For example, even though they have $20,000 debt, they're earning $8-$10/hour and earning a living which is under the federal poverty level. Add a car loan on top of that so you can get to work, and you're buried and stuck.
5. Having a college education does not ensure a decent job. I spent $30,000 on a college degree and was never once able to find a decent job with it. I work in the factories like everyone else.
6. Kids. Kids are expensive, and the more you have, the harder it is to get your head above water. Pets, too.
7. Something bad happens. You get sick and get stuck with huge medical bills, you get laid off, divorce, etc.
8. A very large percentage of my neighborhood population has a history of arrests and incarcerations. They are unable to get the low-paying jobs that do exist because every company around here does a background check and just chooses not to call you if you have a record, especially if it lists a felony or two. So mostly they just keep doing crime to earn a living. Their options are pretty limited.
by PerrySpark3 years ago
What are the 10 main reasons that the United States is now seen as a failure in economic anddiplomatic circles of the world. Why do the third-world countries believe it is better to aid enemies of the United...
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 months ago
Are people poor in the United States for the most part based upon their bad life choices?Not addressing those who are challenged emotionally, intellectually, & physically. Nor is addressing those who have...
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 years ago
What makes some people argue in the United States that there should be NO wealthy classes & thateveryone should have "INCOME EQUALITY"? What makes the same people view wealthy people as morally...
by Elena4 years ago
Reasons why people don’t bother with Church anymore....
by Rhonda D Johnson2 years ago
What did the US use for collateral when we borrowed money from other countries?We know that the US government has borrowed billions of dollars from China, Japan and other countries. But what did we use for...
by Mikel G Roberts2 years ago
My opinion is no, we should not.The problems of failed or "third world" countries have resulted in millions of people fleeing those countries to steal the better life the people of other non third world...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.