jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What is a dream?

1. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

What is a dream?

Please no webster definition.

2. profile image0
    Janice Hornerposted 3 years ago

I don't really know the answer!  I think it could be something in our sub-conscious that we may have on our minds but not actually thinking about.  My dreams are sometimes very real, and I often wonder if I am on the astral plane.  When I close my eyes I can see loads of different faces, not all are like we are in life and some appear distorted.  I have to close an imaginary door on myself before the faces disappear, it is most odd!

It is an interesting subject.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It's the marriage of your subconscious mind with your conscious mind replaying things you either saw, heard, or thought about in movie form. Lots of people claim to come up with ideas/solutions from dreams. Others attempt to create dreams of things they want.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

We have three states of existence. Waking, dreaming and dreamless sleep. (Jakrat, Swapna & Sushupti in Hinduism terms).

In Jakrat you awaare of your physical and mental existence.

In swapna, your body rests but mind wanders, dreaming, creating its own illusions and situations.

In sushupti, you sleep deep and enjoy the real peace of your soul.

There is yet another state, called Turia (the fourth). Great spiritual masters attain that state. From that state, all the above 3 states will only be felt as dreamlike. That state is the true existence. You are one with God. You are God.

1. Matty2014 profile image65
      Matty2014posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't really get it, maybe you write a hub on it?

2. SilentMagenta profile image71
      SilentMagentaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What about those dreams that are surreal?

5. Matty2014 profile image65
    Matty2014posted 3 years ago

processing memory? because we receive a lot of information in the daytime, so our brain will process those information when our body is resting?

working