jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do we dream?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image63
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Why do we dream?

2. Asp52 profile image88
    Asp52posted 7 years ago

One reason i have been told why we dream is so our conscious mind can work out all the information we have taken in during the day. I have been told dreaming helps our sleeping minds file away all the needed information and allows all the "useless" information to be emptied out. Dreams can help with relieving stress in our everyday lives by playing out in our dreams what is troubling us.

3. Motor leathers profile image55
    Motor leathersposted 7 years ago

Some people say, that the dreams are the awakenness of our "old memory". And dreaming we relive the moments of our life, that once excited us.

4. TerriBruner profile image53
    TerriBrunerposted 7 years ago

I believe it is totally to relieve unreleased stress issure that we cannot seem to release during our waking hours, sometimes maybe even to receive slight premonitions.

5. EnergyAdvisor profile image75
    EnergyAdvisorposted 7 years ago

Why are we awake? For me both worlds are the same. In a dream I can walk, run, talk, think, learn, and even more... In our dreams we also see objects as objects like in a waking state. But we don't give our dreams much value. You could learn to be a lucid dreamer and have control over your own dreams. For the shamans of the ancient Mexico dreaming was used to alter their awareness and to get closer to their spirit body or energy body. They were really the dreamers. more info, read my hub about dreaming.

working