jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What are the psychological makeup and qualities of people who elect to believe a

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What are the psychological makeup and qualities of people who elect to believe and argue

conspiracy theories, most of which have no basis in reality nor credibility and it oftentimes quite fallacious?  What draws people to pure conjecture instead of using inductive and deductive logic in terms of beliefs and analyzing arguments?

2. Kiss andTales profile image79
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

Conspiracy theories based on who and what story ? Not all are false ,but there are some real truths that people just want to stay hidden! Then some can be false based on not knowing accurate knowledge of the true facts. Which could be worser then the theory .there is one about McDonalds and sacrificed kids that are missing  chopped up in the food on U Tube,  public info , yet that is up to people to believe or not to believe.

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

Studies show that suggestible people are prone to adopting unfounded beliefs. They can switch those beliefs when a new one comes and "enlightens" them. For instance, moving from believing in aliens to being a loud fundamentalist religious believer. Or from doing rap music and becoming a terrorists. Or, like Hitler, believing in art to believing in hatred.
    Suggestible people are also open to hypnosis.

1. Chris Neal profile image77
      Chris Nealposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's beautiful! I'm going to frame that and hang it on my wall!

2. Kiss andTales profile image79
      Kiss andTalesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Studies of who ! Are they fit as perfect people , so they Analysis of studies can be wrong!
      I never did believe in hypnosis, allowing people to mess with your brain.

4. Sri T profile image78
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Some people are too naive and too honest to believe that evil people are in powerful positions. They are changing laws and closing doors, doing everything in their power to maintain an elite status while crushing the have nots in the world, removing opportunities for higher education and financial assistance to rise out of poverty. Some people are selfish. Once they arrive at wealth and power they want to destroy the ladder of success and claim, "nobody helped me, I made it on my own". Nobody can make it without help. If you want to understand the agenda or conspiracy theory, just look at the political party who is destroying opportunities for growth and expansion. Look at the political party who doesn't care about helping people, and doesn't mind letting millions of people suffer with no hope. Then you will have your answer.

1. Kiss andTales profile image79
      Kiss andTalesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I so agree Sri T that instead of things going into a uphill success of improvement for all  ,it is sliding down hill ,like a land slide not that people are not trying  many have college education ,and no Job.
      But student debt!

5. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

The mind draws them. Again, this is where they are in their level of evolution, and we should not force them into thinking otherwise. It won't work and will continue to produce the bad vibes which spoil so many answers here. Sometimes, the best recourse is Silence, but with love in the heart.

Their make-up is like all God's children. One brother is a musician, a sister a doctor, and the mom a Talk Show Host, but they are all one family. In the same way, God uses a variety of methods to make this divine play works.

When you find those not on your wavelength, simply pass by. They too, are serving, but with a different spirit. Much peace.

P.S. Not all conspiracy theories are wrong, but you're doing well not to get caught up in them.