jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is POWER?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is POWER?

2. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Endyamon, apparently:

He seems to be a lot of things.

3. Sri T profile image78
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

There are many facets to power. Power is understanding how to use the mind, or your thoughts and energy to get what you want in life. The ability to imagine and create the life that you want on your own terms. Power is the ability to develop your talents and successfully market them in society. Power is the ability to influence people and lead people towards the achievement of a goal. Power is the ability to amass whatever amount of money that you desire. Power is confidence, calling your own shots, not being pushed around by people, sudden changes or at the mercy of others' decisions. Power means that you are in control of your life. You make your life whatever you want it to be, regardless of world trends, conditions, media reports, gossip, the economy, others' religious beliefs or opinions. And above all else, power is the ability to love yourself regardless of what "everybody" on the earth thinks of you. That is also freedom!

4. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Well, Grace, some think that 'Fear' is reverence or awe. They are not wrong, Just that the 21st Century approach mostly sees it in a negative way.

In the same way, Power is Omnipotence, and Omnipotence is Love. Love ultimately conquers and as such is the only Power.

Using the essence of what I said to open this argument, modern day power is associated with name and fame, which in turn is associated with prestige and opulence or outer affluence and wealth. Negative words are 'control' or 'ego.'. Same difference.

Ultimately all things are transient and will die, except the one reality, which is Love. It is like the story with the five senses and the Soul. They all thought that they were the most important, and began to leave one by one to prove their point. However poorer, the body still survived, until the Soul Itself decided to leave, and they all began to die and begged it to stay.

I wish the earthly power understood this. Mostly it doesn't.

P.S. I do believe that I wrote a poem for you, and one inspired by you. Look for them. In Love and Light.

5. ruchihealth profile image61
    ruchihealthposted 3 years ago

I can describe one person powerful based on one foremost quality i.e. "ABILITY TO HAVE MENTAL STABILITY , NO MATTER WHAT " .