What makes many people afraid to be extraordinary in terms of using their full p

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

What makes many people afraid to be extraordinary in terms of using their full potential, realizing

their innate power & attaining optimal success? What are they AFRAID of and why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8584072_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image41
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Probably the fear of having to keep measuring up to other people's expectations.  It's not that one doesn't want to be successful or reach his/her potential, it's that once they do - then what? Others will then look to them with higher expectations and it's a lot of pressure.

Others fear failure so much they don't even try.  We also live in a world that bombards us constantly with fear of all the things that are inherently supposed to be "wrong" with us.  Many people probably feel they could never measure up enough to be successful.  This message is great for selling people a lot of products they don't need to "improve" themselves, but not so great for people's self-esteem at the end of the day. 

Also, societies definition of "success" often comes with the message that it's perfectly acceptable and justifiable to gain that success at the expense of others.  Some avoid pushing themselves because they don't want to be selfish or harm anyone, they just simply want to live and let live.

3. Samyukta Shrestha profile image60
    Samyukta Shresthaposted 9 years ago

Well, it is obviously because of their/our thought making us think that what other would think. Normally when we do something new or different we always get a thought of what other's reaction would be. Even though we are fully confident, one slightest negative reaction can tear us apart. Also people must encourage them instead of mocking them.
    It all depends upon our thought of mind and how we take other’s reaction. I hope it helped you. Even I am afraid about your reaction big_smile

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good answer, thank you so much.

4. Galadriel Arwen profile image67
    Galadriel Arwenposted 9 years ago

It's easy! People grow up thinking that they aren't smart enough because that is what they are told. Some get to feeling that they need to educate themselves and do so all of their lives. Some give up and quit trying. Some float between success and failure because they have accepted that there will be days like that.
    It's too bad that most aren't lucky enough to have been told that they are a product of a loving God who made them special and they need to find their special gift using all the things they are exposed to that interests them. Building on their success and becoming what they were supposed to be by their creator.
    Everyone needs to be told that even Moses who was not perfect in speaking became a great religious leader or, Caesar who had a blood disease because a leader, Alexander the Great, who started out poor became loved by his people, or a man named Noah built an Ark under daily criticism. Everyone needs to be told that they too might just be one of those beloved leaders some day. But, everyone isn't made to lead. Perhaps they were made to become a great orator, a great comedian, a great artist, a beloved teacher, a great healer or, one of many other avenue to pursue. They need to be set on a path of discovery to find that special and wondrous gift God granted especially for them at birth. Many haven't been taught that it is there waiting to be discovered. They need to be fortified to never let negative nay Sayers stop them in their discovery of themselves.

5. profile image53
    Ian Mooneposted 9 years ago

I'm afraid, no terrified of becoming like her, & her greedy buddies..It won't happen to me though, because I actually understand how they end up like they are..I mean I know a lot of people will disagree, but is she A) one of the richest women on the planet, or B) one of the greediest biatches on the planet "if" you had to pick one of them..If I had to bet my life on it I'd say "B" one of the greediest, & my opinion won't be affected by the people who will spring to her defence without even knowing her....Now I never said she was evil or even a bad person, no she just got far too much money which brings with it massive feelings of power..None of them can handle that much money or power, & it ends up completely ruining them spiritually..Just the same as the politicians can't handle that much power, unless they train their mind in order to handle/understand it first..Not my words folks, but loosely what Abraham Lincoln himself said. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)